Thursday 2 February 2012

UVW Mapping Continued

Having taken the map into Photoshop it was a matter of adding the skin onto the UVW map making sure the texture is position correctly. Using various Photoshop techniques I could add the different texture of my head and apply them to the correct parts of the head. Here is the UVW map I created.


Here is the UVW Map applied to the head.


As you can see it works quite well but still needs the Bump map and the specular map. Here is the head with both maps added as well as the eyes which I am yet to talk about.


It gives the face a more realistic skin material.

To create the eye I made a sphere, I then highlighted the end polygons of the sphere to make the outline for the iris, I made it slightly flatter. Then I made a clone of the area which would later be used as a transparent lens over the pupil and iris. I made another sphere and fitted it in place and made it black. I then applied the iris material to the eye and made the cornea white. Here is a close up of the eye.





No comments:

Post a Comment