Thursday 2 February 2012

UVW Mapping

The head shape is now complete which means I can begin adding the texture, this will be done by UVW mapping. First of all I applied an Unwrap UVW modifier which flattens the image allowing for easy editing in Photoshop. With the head unwrapped I opened the edit window which shows me the guide and I can begin adjusting it making sure there are no overlaps or inverted selection.



With all the inverted points sorted I could begin moving around the quads to give even coverage spreading out the surface giving the texture an even coverage. This screenshot shows both the head and the UVW map which helped me when sorting out the spacing.

This image shows the finished spacing of the UVW map.


This shows the spacing of the material on the head.


The checker pattern is quite evenly spaced which means when the material is applied it will be evenly spread.

Knowing that the mapping will be correct I could go ahead and save the UVW map to edit in Photoshop.




No comments:

Post a Comment